Your Data: Our Commitment
- Friisberg & Partners International is committed to earning your enduring trust in how and why we hold, manage and use your data.
- Your data is safe with us – we will take all reasonable measures to ensure your privacy is not compromised.
- In the unlikely event that we experience a privacy breach and your data may have been lost or stolen then you will be notified without any undue delay.
- We will not share your data with anyone other than our staff, our clients and our properly contracted data processing partners – and even then only with those that need it for the performance of their work.
- Those of us with access to your data will be made aware of and updated regularly on our obligations to you and your privacy.
- We will seek your consent to hold your personal data.
- If you ask us to delete your personal data, we will.
- We will only contact you for reasons related to our business.
- We will never sell your data.
Your Data: Why we have it.
- Data about people is the lifeblood of an Executive Search firm – it is essential to every project we undertake.
- Information on an individual informs a decision as to whether they could be a candidate for a client’s vacancy.
- We also use data to do targeted marketing to promote our firm and its services to prospective clients.
Your Data: How we got it.
- We undertake detailed research to identify potential candidates for our clients’ vacancies.
- In many cases we gather and retain data on an individual which was already public, ie published in a journal, newspaper, online or elsewhere.
- In some cases the personal data we hold was freely available on the subject’s employer’s public website.
We also receive recommendations and referrals from one person to another which may include some personal data.
- Increasingly, a curriculum vitae is a public document that has been uploaded to public internet databases by the subject.
- In most cases the personal data we hold was given to us by the subject themselves, or by an authorised agent of theirs.
Your Data: Where we keep it.
- J. Friisberg & Partners S.A. is a Swiss registered holding company that does no business with clients and holds no personal data.
- It is the shareholders (‘Partners’) of J. Friisberg & Partners International S.A. that provide Executive Search and related services to their clients.
- Each Partner owns runs or controls a company or companies registered in their respective jurisdictions.
Each Partner is responsible for the personal data held by themselves or their company and that it is controlled and processed in accordance with the laws of their jurisdiction and best practice.
- Partners control and process data differently, but in all cases they do so securely with appropriate security, safeguards and restrictions to prevent unauthorised access.
Your Data: What we do with it.
- We review the data we hold to determine if there is a likely match of a potential candidate with a client’s recruitment requirement.
- We may use contact details (usually email addresses and telephone numbers) to approach potential candidates to discuss a vacancy.
- Sometimes we use contact details to approach people as prospective clients.
- Once a dialogue has been established, we will retain notes taken during conversations meetings and other interactions.
- We will share data with our clients regarding the candidates we identify for their vacancies.
- Information generated by us (not by the subject) during our processes, such as reports and profiles, will be shared with our clients too.
- Personal data will only be retained once explicit consent has been given by a candidate.
- Candidates will be invited to renew their consent at reasonable and regular intervals.
- If explicit consent is not forthcoming the personal data of that candidate will be deleted.
- Retention of data relating to a client or a prospective client (as a ‘legitimate business interest’) does not require explicit consent, but their consent will still be sought.
Your Data: Your rights.
- You can have access to your personal data as held by us.
- You can have errors in your personal data corrected.
- You can request the deletion of your personal data.
- You can object to us processing your personal data.
[ GDPR makes some exceptions to these, but it is our aim and desire to be open and transparent. ]
If you have any questions or requests regarding your data then please contact the ‘Data Protection Officer’ of the Partner in your country or jurisdiction with an email to email@example.com